Call for Culture Project Proposals 2016 is open now!
Media release, 26.01.2016
Art and culture are the main expressions of social transformation and are at the heart of development.
A puppet show that educated children on environmental issues through the art of puppetry, 2012 © SDC in Mongolia
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in Mongolia is calling for proposals for art and culture projects with the objective of:
- Strengthening local cultural identity and diversity in Mongolia; and
- Promoting intercultural exchanges between Mongolia and Switzerland
Proposals can cover a range of different artistic expressions, both traditional and contemporary, such as the preservation of cultural heritage, painting, drawing, music, theatre, drama, dance, cinema, television, photography, writing and storytelling.
Projects that foster cultural links between Mongolia and Switzerland, and initiatives from rural art and cultural institutions and/or projects that encourage artistic development in rural areas, are particularly welcomed.
Proposals that use the arts as a tool for social development and transformation, addressing such development issues as sustainability, environmental awareness, gender equality, human rights and poverty alleviation, are encouraged.
- Proposals are in line with the aforementioned objectives;
- Individuals (the applicant shall be responsible for all tax and insurance in accordance with relevant legislation, and must demonstrate competency in managing projects and funds);
- Public/not-for-profit/academic/artistic/cultural organisations or institutions registered in Mongolia; if the applicant is not registered in Mongolia, there will be a contribution of no less than 50 percent of the funding and a demonstration of the availability of the remaining funds;
- Duration: A non-renewable project lasting up to 12 months;
- A completed application with a detailed budget in English and/or Mongolian; If proposals are written in Mongolian, the applicant must provide a summary (one page) in English;
- The maximum contribution by SDC is MNT 40 million; applicants who contribute their own funding will be preferred; in the case of co-financing, the applicant must prove availability of the remaining funds.
Proposals will not be supported if they are:
- Linked to a political party;
- Proposed by private companies;
- Proposals requesting funds for the remuneration of their staff’s regular work, overseas travel, and administrative expenses for individuals and institutions
All eligible proposals will be reviewed against following award criteria:
- Proposals that are creative and authentic;
- Proposals that have a clear implementation strategy;
- Proposals that demonstrate tangible results and benefits for Mongolia’s artistic and cultural development;
- Applicants who have sufficient competency in their selected field and the capacity to manage funds
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Completed applications should be e-mailed email@example.com with “Culture Project Proposal 2016” in the subject line.
Deadline to send applications to SDC: 1 March, 2016
Note: Incomplete and/or poorly prepared proposals will not be reviewed. Project selection will be conducted on a competitive basis. In the event of equally competitive proposals, first-time applicants will be given preference. Only successful project applicants will be notified via email. No project documents will be returned to applicants. The project selection process will take up to two months after the application deadline.
The Swiss Cooperation Office Mongolia will not respond to any queries over the phone.